I watched the "Wide awake on the Mobius Strip" clip first and I must say, I was intrigued. I had never heard of the Mobius Strip until watching the clip. What I pulled from the video is that we all start out with no distinction between who we are and who we want everyone else to see, and as we age we start to notice that who we are shouldn't be shown to everyone. Later on the video describes the Mobius Strip, what seems to be who you are and who you want people to know or think you are co create each other. One cannot be without the other in the Mobius Strip.
Moving on to the reading in Life Smart, chapter one explains how we do not only develop throughout our childhood, but as life goes on we continue to develop. We each develop differently and at our own rate due to our own personal lives. Lifespan development is the development of people throughout their entire lives- not only physically but emotionally, psychologically, and mentally. Specifically, on page 5 in Life Smart the book reads, "Lifespan development refers to an examination of the biological, cognitive/psychological, and social changes that occur over the course of a human life". It is imperative to understand that, as we go on through this course. I say this for me especially because in the past I have only touched on certain time frames in a lifetime and not the whole lifetime itself.
The world has a huge impact on how people develop in every aspect of their lives. This is important to me as a teaching student because i will have many different, diverse children from many different backgrounds. I as their teacher will need to be able to if not understand, try to understand different things about them to give them the best education they can receive.
Hello. My name is Kim. I too have never heard of the Mobius Strip. But if you think about it most people already know its concept. Everyone has that mask that they wear. And people should be teaching their children the proper way to act in public anyways. At home, with friends and family you can be yourself. Out there in the world you should be yourself but somewhat reserved and professional.
ReplyDeleteHello. My name is Kim. I too have never heard of the Mobius Strip. But if you think about it most people already know its concept. Everyone has that mask that they wear. And people should be teaching their children the proper way to act in public anyways. At home, with friends and family you can be yourself. Out there in the world you should be yourself but somewhat reserved and professional.
ReplyDelete